Senior Technical Business Analyst
Budapest, Budapest, HungaryProject Ten
We're looking for Senior Technical Business Analyst to join our fast-growing team and help us build the most trusted and personalized service in the world.
One of our clients is the global market leader for lifestyle and travel concierge and loyalty solutions, and it’s growing quickly. As a leading global service business, they help busy people get the most out of their lives and pride themselves on providing the very best customer experience possible. To do this, they are working with the best people.
The Tech team at our client is at the heart of key transformations and advancement in the business. Their vision is to be the most trusted service in the world. Their Tech team is aligned to this business goal. The Business Analysts are a part of the Enterprise Architecture team.
The analysts are responsible for ensuring that the business vision is quantified and specified such that it is delivered quickly, correctly and as per expectation. They are a key connection between the business, Product and Tech teams in ensuring that all gaps and scenarios are covered while delivering features and business-as-usual items.
- This role is based in Budapest
- 4 days home office
- Non-strict working hours (within reasonable limits)
- Growing local team with a strong technical background
- Interesting international projects – colleagues from several countries
- Great team, regular team-building events
- Premium business laptop helps your work
- We are open to your ideas
- Team breakfast on every Tuesday morning
We are looking for Business Analysts who:
- Have a highly analytical approach to situations and processes presented
- Can see patterns and connect the dots to paint the complete picture
- Can propose hypotheses with the intention to solve the business problem / situation / requirement posed. But also have the maturity and detachment to adjust solutions suggested to match business requirements to achieve the best possible solution in the given scenario
- Are comfortable with working out interconnections between complex layers
- Can write stories on bespoke software that interface with third party applications
- Are an advanced user of spreadsheets, project tools like JIRA, visualisation tools like Visio, Paint or similar
- Comfortable with non-visual interfaces like xmls, jsons, APIs in general
- Are a good communicator with an ability to inform the required information effectively and precisely
- Can work in a fast-paced, highly ambitious and multi-channel environment
- Like to communicate – in email, on Slack but best in person
- As a bonus, are familiar with databases and can extraction data for analysis if required
For business analysis tools we use
- Visualisation tools like Visio, google drawings, paint, anything that works
Nice to have:
- Experience in designing/prototyping web user interfaces
- Any experience in CRM applications and booking websites
What you will do with us
- Drive the stories in grooming / refining meetings to present stories written in JIRA on a feature.
- Ensure a clear visual representations / diagrams are created to map the feature’s process, function and/or information flows, where required.
- Ensure the feature is clearly sliced, vertically and horizontally; such that the rest of the team can comprehend and discuss the phases of delivery.
- Ensure that API interfaces like json, xml or similar are listed and the connection points between various internal and external applications are clarified, with the help of relevant teams.
- You will be supported by other teams to get this information, if you are unsure of this skill.
- Be in a position to investigate, get and mine data for analysis, as required.
- You will be supported to get the data, if you are unsure of this skill.
- Pre-grooming / refining, analyse feature requirements, meet stakeholders, list the requirements on JIRA with acceptance criteria.
- Post-grooming / refining, analyse the changes requested and update the stories.
- During development, find and answer the questions raised.
- For in-development features, answers the questions raised by Product and development teams; be the Product Owner from ‘development cycle’ point of view for the feature while it is in development.
- Coordinate with Tech & QA; be the knowledge-base of what is being developed, what the business stake holders and Product managers stake holders wanted and how the two are matched.
- Go-live – support – when working on external client interfaces, support the go-live along with the architects and QA.
- When working on external facing API interfaces, make the external facing specs for the same, based on the norms specified.